What this Policy Describes
- The types of information we collect from you or that you may provide when youvisit our website available at each of the following domains (each a "Website", collectively the "Websites"). The Websites are operated by the following companies:
- NFI Group – https://www.nfigroup.com
NFI Group Inc., our parent holding company which has no business of itsown, meaning this Website is maintained in Canada by New FlyerIndustries Canada ULC
- New Flyer – https://www.newflyer.com
New Flyer Industries Canada ULC (in Canada) andNew Flyer of America Inc. (in the U.S.)
- MCI – http://www.mcicoach.com
Motor Coach Industries Limited (in Canada) andMotor Coach Industries, Inc. (in the U.S.)
- ARBOC – https://www.arbocsv.com
ARBOC Specialty Vehicles, LLC (for both Canada and the U.S.)
- NFI Parts – http://nfi.parts
The Aftermarket Parts Company, LLC (for both Canada and the U.S.)
- Carfair – https://carfaircomposites.com
- NFI Group – https://www.nfigroup.com
- Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
Please read this Policy carefully to understand and find out about our practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. If you are not satisfied with our policies and practices, then please do not use our Websites. By using our Websites, you will be confirming that you have read the terms of this Policy.
This Policy may change from time to time (see below, “Changes to this Policy”) so please check the Policy periodically for updates. Any changes in this Policy will become effective when we make the revised Policy available on or through the Websites. We also encourage you to check this Policy on a regular basis. We will notify you of any changes (including when they will take effect) if we are required to do so by applicable privacy laws.
What We Collect and How We Collect It
To ensure that we provide you with the best possible experience, we will store, use, and share some limited personal information about you in accordance with this Policy.
Information You Provide to Us
Personal Information is any information that can be used to individually identify whether on its own or when it is combined with other information held by us, such as data including, but not limited to, your:
- first and last name
- company or organization name
- job title or role
- business related email address
- business related telephone number
- age (relevant to candidates only)
- business related mailing address
- comments or messages provided in free text boxes
- IP address
- Any other information a candidate includes in their resume or CV
- Usernames/login ID and passwords (relevant only to those of our Websites which have an online store or any other login function)
You may provide us Personal Information when you:
- visit our Website (IP addresses will be collected – see below)
- request information including when using the ‘contact us’ function on the Website
- schedule a demonstration
- submit an employment application
- subscribe to our newsletters and marketing emails
- register yourself with the Website
- ask us questions about our business by using the free text boxes.
Our Websites are aimed at individuals working for companies around the world who are interested in our business offerings. Our Websites are ‘informational only’ except that we will collect Personal Information in the ways described above. In addition,candidates from around the world who would like to enquire about roles at the Company can make contact through the Website by using free text boxes and if they so choose they can provide their resume or CV to the Company using the contact details on the Website.
The information you provide in each case will vary. In some cases, we may ask you to create a username/login ID and password that should only be known to you. The Company will use and protect all this Personal Information in accordance with applicable privacy laws and this Policy.
Automated Information Collection
In addition to the information that you provide to us, we may also collect information about you during your visit to our Website. We collect this information using automated tools that are detailed below. These tools may collect information about your behavior and your computer system, such as your internet protocol (IP) address, the pages you have viewed, and the actions you have taken while using the Website.
We use the following tools to automatically collect information about you when you are visiting our Websites:
- IP addresses: An IP address is a set of numbers that is automatically assigned to your device whenever you log on to your internet service provider or through your organisation’s local area network (LAN) or wide area network (WAN). Web servers automatically identify your computer by the IP address assigned to it during your online session. IP addresses are Personal Information. IP addresses may reveal to the Company where the visitor to the Website is situated. They will allow us to identify in particular whether there is a user from outside North America using the Websites. This detail is not tracked or used for any purpose except for the purposes of responding to a security incident or other event in which the security of the Website or any information is in question. In such an instance, the Company would use IP addresses to identify from where any threats originated and for any investigation, mediation and response.
- session cookies, which do not stay on your computer after you close your browser, and
- persistent cookies, which remain on your computer until you delete them orthey expire.
We use the following categories of cookies on our website.
- Strictly Necessary Cookies. These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the Website and use its features. Examples may include recalling previous actions (e.g., entered text) when navigating back to a webpage in the same session. These cookies display information, prevent crashes, fix bugs and serve to enhance the security of the Website. Without these cookies,some functions of the Website cannot be provided. These cookies do not identify you as an individual. If you remove these cookies, it may affect the performance of our Website. Without these cookies, services you have requested, such as maintaining a record of your purchased items on our Websites that have an online store, cannot be provided.
- Performance Cookies. These cookies collect anonymous information on how you use our Websites to help us understand how you arrive at our Website,browse or use our Website and highlight areas where we can improve, such as navigation. The data stored by these cookies never reveal personal details from which your individual identity can be established.
- Functionality Cookies. These cookies remember choices you make such as the country from which you visit our Website, your preferred language, and your search parameters. This information can then be used to provide you with an experience more appropriate to your selections and to make your visits to our Website more tailored to your preferences. The information in these cookies maybe anonymized. These cookies cannot be used to track your browsing activity on other websites.
- Analytics Cookies.These cookies do not identify you as an individual. All data is collected and aggregated anonymously. These cookies help us understand how visitors interact with our web properties by providing information about the areas visited, the time spent on the Website and any issues encountered, such as error messages. They help us improve the performance of our Website, alert us to any concerns and more. These cookies are used to distinguish your actions
from those of others and to collect your relevant geographic, demographic and behavioural data. They tell us how popular a certain feature is, or whether you open an email we send. See Google Analytics and MailChimp below.
The cookies described in numbers 1 to 3 above are essential cookies that enable our Website to function. Of course, if you do not wish to have cookies on your devices, you may turn them off at any time by modifying your internet browser’s settings. However,by disabling cookies on your device, you may be prohibited from full use of the Website’s features or lose access to some functionality.
The cookies described in number 4 above are non-essential cookies that are placed on user’s devices when users visit our Websites. Again, you can disable these at any time by changing your browser settings. One example is MailChimp, which helps us to create and deploy promotional and marketing communications emails to specific email lists. MailChimp provides analytics on send such as open rates, click-through rate and time spent by a user.
Most internet browsers are initially set up to automatically accept cookies. You can change the settings to block cookies or to alert you when cookies are being sent to your device. There are a number of ways to manage cookies. Please refer to your browser instructions or help screen to learn more about how to adjust or modify your browser settings.
If you disable the cookies that we use, this action may impact your experience while on the Website. For example, you may not be able to visit certain areas of the Website.
If you use different devices to view and access the Website (e.g., your computer, smartphone, tablet, etc.), you will need to ensure that each browser on each device is adjusted to suit your cookie preferences. If you would like more information about cookies, we recommend www.aboutcookies.org and www.allaboutcookies.org as helpful resources.
- Web Beacons. A Web Beacon is an electronic image. Web Beacons can track certain things from your computer and can report activity back to a web server allowing us to understand some of your behavior. If you choose to receive emails from us, we may use Web Beacons to track your response to our emails. We may also use them to track if you click on the links and at what time and date you do so. This information is only collected in aggregate form and will not be linked
to your Personal Information. Please note that any image file on a webpage can act as a Web Beacon.
- Embedded Web Links. Links provided in our emails and, in some cases, on third-party websites may include tracking technology embedded in the link. These links allow us to understand how email recipients are using the link. Some of these links will enable us to identify that you have personally clicked on the link and this may be attached to the Personal Information that we hold about you.This information is used to improve our service to you and to help us understand the performance of our marketing campaigns.
- Third Party Websites and Services. We work with a number of service providers of marketing communications and website analytics technology. These service providers may use various data collection methods to improve the performance of the marketing campaigns or our Website. The information collected can be gathered on our Websites and/or the websites where our marketing communications are appearing.
Do Not Track Disclosure
Other than as disclosed in this Policy, the Website does not track users over time and across third-party websites to provide targeted advertising. Therefore, the Website does not operate any differently when it receives Do Not Track (DNT) signals from your internet web browser.
Your Choices and Selecting Your Privacy Preferences
We want to provide you with relevant information that you have requested.
If we provide subscription-based services, such as email newsletters, we will allow you to make choices about what information you provide at the point of information collection or at any time after you have received a communication from us while you are subscribed to the service. Any transactional or service-oriented messages are usually excluded from such preferences, as such messages are required to respond to your requests or to provide goods and services and are not intended for the purposes of marketing.
We will not intentionally send you email newsletters and marketing emails unless you consent to receive such marketing information by an opt-in, or (where applicable laws allow for this) where you have not indicated you wish to opt-out. After you receive these emails, you may opt out of them at any time by selecting the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of each email. Please note that by opting out or unsubscribing you may affect other services you have requested we provide to you, in which email communication is a requirement of the service provided.
Any such communications you receive from us will be administered in accordance withyour preferences and this Policy.
Accuracy and Access to Your Personal Information
We strive to maintain, process, and protect your information accurately. We have processes in place to maintain all of our information in accordance with relevant data governance frameworks and legal requirements.
Where we can provide you access to your Personal Information in our possession, we will always ask you for a username/login ID and password to help protect your privacy and security. We recommend that you keep your password safe, that you change it periodically, and that you do not disclose it to any other person or allow any other person to use it.
If you have created a Website account with login credentials, you can view and change any Personal Information you can log in to your account and follow the instructions on that webpage. For all our Websites, you can always contact us directly for assistance as provided below.
Information of Minors
We do not actively seek to gather information from individuals under the age of eighteen. We do not target the Website to minors and would not expect them to be engaging with our Websites or services. We encourage parents and guardians to provide adequate protection measures to prevent minors from providing information unwillingly on the internet. We do not wish to hold any personal data about children. If you are a child who is reading this Policy, you must not sign up for our newsletters or submit any Personal Information about yourself to us. If we are aware of any Personal Information that we have collected about minors, we will take steps to securely remove it from our systems.
How We Use Your Personal Information
The information we gather and that you provide is collected to provide you information and the services you request, in addition to various other purposes, including, but not limited to:
- Preventing malicious activity and provide you with a secure experience.
- Providing service and support for services you request.
- Providing marketing communications that are effective and optimized for you.
- Keeping you up-to-date with the latest benefits available from us.
- Preventing unwanted messages or content.
- Measuring the performance of our marketing programs.
- Contacting you in order to reply to your communications made to us.
- Contacting you about services and offers that are relevant to you.
- Replying to you if you have asked us about roles at the Company or you send us your resume or CV.
We will not disclose or share your Personal Information with third parties for the purposes of third party marketing to you without your prior consent.
Except as described in this Policy, we will not share your information with third parties without your notice and consent, unless it is under one of the following circumstances:
- Responding to duly authorized information requests from law enforcement or other governmental authorities.
- Complying with any law, regulations, subpoena, or court order.
- Investigating and helping prevent security threats, fraud, or other malicious activity.
- Enforcing or protecting the rights and properties of the Company or its subsidiaries.
- Protecting the rights or personal safety of the Company’s employees.
For Website Visitors Outside of the United States or Canada
Many visitors to our Websites may be located outside of the United States or Canada.To provide you with our services, we may store, process, and transmit information in the United States, Canada, and other locations around the world, including countries that may not have the same privacy and security laws as yours. We do not warrant or represent our processing of your Personal Information will comply with the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are accessing the Websites and we are not subject to data privacy and e-privacy laws which apply in your own countries. Regardless, we will process your Personal Information in accordance with this Policy.
For Website Visitors in California
Pursuant to California Civil Code Section §1798.83, we will not disclose or share your Personal Information with third parties for the purposes of third-party marketing to you without your prior consent.
If you are a California consumer, as defined by the California Consumer Privacy Act of2018, you may be afforded additional rights with respect to your “Personal Information”as that term is explicitly defined under California law. Any Personal Information we collect is collected for the commercial purpose of effectively providing our services to you, as well as enabling you to learn more about, and benefit from, our services. You may exercise each of your rights as identified below, subject to our verification of your identity.
Access: You may email us at [email protected] to request a copy of the Personal Information our Website databases currently contain.
Prohibit Data Sharing. When applicable, you may prohibit the sharing of your Personal Information by submitting a request via email to [email protected]. In your email,please explain how you wish us to prohibit the sharing of your personal data, and which categories of third parties you want to prohibit from receiving your Personal Information.When such prohibitions are not possible to provide our services to you, we will advise you accordingly. You can then choose to exercise any other rights under this Policy.
Portability. Upon request and when possible, we can provide you with copies of your Personal Information. You may submit a request via email to [email protected].When such a request cannot be honored, we will advise you accordingly. You can then choose to exercise any other rights under this Policy.
Deletion. If you should wish to cease use of our Website and have your Personal Information deleted from our Website, then you may submit a request by emailing us at [email protected]. Upon receipt of such a request for deletion, we will confirm receipt and will confirm once your Personal Information has been deleted. Where applicable, we will ensure such changes are shared with trusted third parties.
Sale of Personal Information. We do not sell your Personal Information. If we ever decide to sell Personal Information, we will update you via this Policy and include a link entitled “Do Not Sell My Personal Information,” to provide you with an opportunity to opt out of sales of your Personal Information.
In addition, if a California resident exercises his or her rights under California law,including the CCPA, we shall not discriminate against that California resident by denying our goods or services, charging different prices or rates to similarly situated consumers,providing a different level or quality of our goods or services, or taking any other adverse action.
Safeguarding the Information We Collect
We take appropriate technical, administrative, and physical precautions to keep your Personal Information secure against accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use,alteration, and disclosure. However, we can never promise 100% security. You should be aware that the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure.Although we will do our best to protect your Personal Information and have commercially reasonably security measures in place, as indicated we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website; any transmission you make is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
You have a responsibility, as well, to safeguard your information through the proper use and security of any online credentials used to access your Personal Information, such as a username/login ID and password. At any time you believe your credentials have been compromised, please change your password. Please notify us of any unauthorized use of your credentials or information.
Changes to this Policy
How to Contact Us
We value your opinions and welcome your feedback. To contact the Company about this Policy or your Personal Information, please contact us at: [email protected]
Attention: Privacy Officer
711 Kernaghan Avenue
Canada R2C 3T4